Shanabananablog » 2010 » july

4th of July Photos

Filed under Uncategorized on Sunday July 25, 2010 at 10:00 am

IMG_5832, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

I hadn’t had a chance to post a few shots for the 4th of July! I had a nice weekend with my brother. Here he and Judy are manning the grill!

No comments

Cooking and Decorating

Filed under Uncategorized on Sunday July 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

We are halfway through the Starlight Bowl concert series this weekend! This should not be confused with the Hollywood Bowl! The venue is smaller and the acts are very different. We see the Mariachi Divas tonight! We bought a box (very cheap) with our friends Patty and Erik. We split up the cooking. One week, Tim and I cook and she and Erik bring the wine and appetizers and then the next week, we flip it. This week I am on cooking duty so I am bringing a cold salmon salad. I also made mini cheddar and jalapeno muffins and chocolate chip cookies.

We are going to the Hollywood Bowl next week with some friends and I am really excited! I love the Bowl. We bought two nights back in May.

Tim has been updating his studio. He put up new curtains and planned to hang them on a wire. But the wire wasn’t strong enough. I asked him if we could take the wire and hang it in the hallway so I could put pictures, cards, etc. that we get during the year. Every year on New Year’s Eve, we sit down and write out the events that were special to us. I thought every year we could collect the items that we hung and it will help us remember! I’m really excited about it and hung up some things that I have been saving!

No comments

Ballet Night

Filed under Uncategorized on Friday July 23, 2010 at 9:59 am

, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

Last Thursday, we were lucky enough to see the American Ballet Theater perform Sleeping Beauty! It was a stunning production at the Dorothy Chandler pavilion in downtown LA. I love the ballet so much. The American Ballet Theater is Baryshnikov’s former company. In fact, the first ballet that I saw was the TV production of the Nutcracker that he performed with Gelsey Kirkland. Gelsey was a choreographer for the performance we saw last Thursday.

Before the show, we ate outside at the Patina restaurant in front of the Dorothy Chandler. It was super hot – so of course, we needed a nice glass of white wine!

No comments

Crazy Photo

Filed under Uncategorized on Wednesday July 21, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Hands in the hall, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

Tim took this! It’s too funny.

1 comment

Quick visit to Disney

Filed under Uncategorized on Sunday July 18, 2010 at 7:44 am

photo.jpg, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

Yesterday we drove down to Anaheim to visit David, Steven and Adam. They were on vacation for David’s birthday. It was so nice to see them! We ate at Goofy’s Kitchen. I was a little concerned because it’s a character dining experience. So I figured the food would be kind of bad, but it was really good. And they had a table of kids foods that was so cute! Hot dogs, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets. It was too funny! We didn’t go in to the park. It’s been incredibly hot down here! It’s been hitting close to 100 every day. The weird part is that it doesn’t cool down until late in the evening. We went to the ballet the other night and when we left downtown LA at 10:30, it was still 86!

No comments

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JR!!

Filed under Uncategorized on Friday July 9, 2010 at 9:52 am

P4290051, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

My wonderful brother-in-law JR is celebrating his birthday today! I just wish we were celebrating with him!

2 comments

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Filed under Uncategorized on Sunday July 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

IMG_0059, originally uploaded by shanaj67.

Over the last couple of years, I’ve really come to love the 4th of July. We usually spend time with friends and family and cook a lot! This year is no exception. Tim went to Oregon this year to visit his family (I miss him like crazy!!). Last night he hung out with David, played music and went to a party. His family has a party every year and he’s missed it since we moved. We talked about going together this year, but I don’t have vacation time! Lucky for me, Rich came down to LA. We went to see “Eclipse” yesterday and then out to dinner with Anneliese. She recommended this amazing Mexican restaurant in Montrose that had potato flautas! Their mole’ sauce was to die for!

Today, we are hanging with Judy and Michael. When you cook with Judy, it’s not just regular barbeque food! She’s making her famous vodka cherry tomatoes, beef teriyaki kebabs and she is duplicating the grapefruit cake from the Brown Derby. Rich and I are making grilled bread with asparagus and brie, twice baked potatoes, grilled veggies and marinated tofu. I’m so excited! I do have to work tomorrow, which is a bummer!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

2 comments